MPAePNB – Electronic Pocket Notebook
This is our second generation electronic PocketNotebook, ePNB.
Used together with MPANiche, all Device side query and data submit activities are recorded, and timestamped and geotagged. Further, ePNB permits notes, sketches, camera pictures and audio dictation to be captured, locked, sent to the server for permanent storage and search and retrieval as pdfs. The goal has been to provide an alternative, semiautomatic method for officers to capture all notes in an electronic format, suitable for searching and extract and use in court and legal proceedings.
Used standalone, ePNB permits notes, sketches, camera pictures and audio dictation to be captured, locked, sent to the server for permanent storage and search and retrieval as pdfs.
ePNB works in conjunction with the MPAServer and the ePNB plugin and database and desktop client for access and retrieval. Superusers and managers can also access subordinates ePNB entries.
This product was designed to have searchable contents, with better access to PocketNoteBook data than traditional paper based notebooks, and according to ACPO guidelines for digital evidence.
Electronic PocketNotebook is still evolving and we are open to input and further requirements that might make this suitable in your own jurisdictions. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your requirements.
- Retains handheld search criteria and results
- Save photo, audio, sketches and signatures
- Cannot edit entries, only add new entries
- Supports online and offline
- Most data collection is logging officer activity
- Can print PDFs
- Cost effective, less training for Niche users
- Works just like a real notebook
- Increased officer and admin productivity. Can be used for evidence.
- Work can continue without network coverage.
- ePNB entries are 80% automatic.
- PDF files can be added to Electronic Case File