The MPANiche plugin connects the MPAServer to the Niche Records Management system, using the Niche SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) interface. This plugin supports NDS username and Password Login, AD login and PKI Impersonation with Challenge and Response login. Our plugin permits the mobile app to perform nearly all of the functions that can be performed on the desktop, but the real focus is on mobile use cases that meet the needs of front line officers.
- The MPANiche plugin is installed with the MPAServer installer.
- The MPANiche Plugin is configured through the MPAAdministrator interface.
- This plugin logs all transactions to the MPAServer log, and optionally also into the MPADatabase.
- This Plugin can also be “DumpEnabled” such that all request and response files are written into a /Dump directory.
With the MPANiche Plugin permits:
- queries on Person, Address, Vehicle, Occurrence, Tasks
- both fast finds and detailed queries
- database updates in the form of General Occurrence Reports, and Tasks
- Street check / Intel submit
- Occurrence Enquiry Log
- Creation of unlinked entities for Person, address, vehicle, email, phone and Business Organization
MPA Clients talk to the MPA server. The responses are then delivered to the originating BlackBerry, Android or iOS device, via the MPA server, via the BES/MDS or VPN. This is done on an internal network as http or on a secure, certificate based, http(s) level. The login on the smartphone or tablet, is the same as the officer would use on a desktop. When using MPA client, USB/BlueTooth peripherals like printers, pens and License/Document scanners can also be used.